View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Rotors: Well for one, if running this Nismo branded setup runs with OEM Akebono size rotors , there won’t be any heat capacity increase on the rotors. For heat dissipation on on the rotors, I doubt the ST rotors have any significant advantage over the existing 2 piece options.

Calipers: bigger than the akebono’s so theoretically more material to absorb heat.

How they compare to R35 OEM’s? The Omori Nismo factory uses the OEM R35 calipers on their R32 to R34 CRS setup (send complete car to Nismo, restore and upgrade from nuts and bolts, very expensive). So my subjective opinion is that if these rebranded setup isn’t being chosen, I wouldn’t pay top dollar for it just to have the name.

My guess is DarkJak’s front setup will blow this full setup out of the water, both on heat capacity, dissipation, and longevity (super thick pads).