View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
I see you really think the demand is there because of SOHO. There the only shop that has been willing to spend the money and R&D it takes to make this platform go fast that's awesome and there the best. Now I think started out around 2012ish , do you really think it takes 8 years go create demand for customers. I would be willing to bet they do what they do because they have a passion for these z cars. You don't see anyone else like AMS ETS Cicio performance T1 racing Boost logic etc doing anything with the Z34. There's a reason for that and that's because there enough customers that create the type of demand for these companies to invest in.

Now I'm not trying to argue with you that a stock ECU is better than a stand alone. I agree that a stock computer cant do what a true stand alone can do my only point was most people don't want to spend the cash on a stand alone ecu and that there are plenty of cars not using them. I even want to switch to one my self eventually hell I even held a Haltech ECU in my hand back at the P.R.I show in Orlando Florida in 2012 that was suppose to come out. The thing these days roll racing is more popular than drag racing that's just a fact people rather have there creature comforts than a all out race car.
Plus the VQ block sucks at holding big power extended abuse. Time will tell
If soho or the new mazworx design will hold. If the ej22 crowd figured it out I’m sure companies will do the same for the VQ.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote