View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
Your concept of demand is totally off most people just aren't going to spend the money on a stand alone. Now I get it you have a passion for them using SOHO as and example would not create the demand you think it will. First off demand is dictated by the customer not shops like your example above. Shops invest money in cars because there is a demand in the aftermarket to modify a certain car/platform not the other way around. As someone pointed out to you before this is not the 90's where a stand alone is needed to go fast. GTR's Mustangs corvettes the new supra are cars that can run 8's on the factory computers. What do all these cars have in common? Customers that pay for parts to go fast this creates demand for multiple shops and manufacturers to make parts.

Now if SOHO came out with what you stated yes there would be people that would jump all over it. That however would not create the kind of buzz like some of the other platforms.
My concept of demand is for people who actually race to win, not weekend and holiday warriors. Shops demonstrate what can be done, if it’s successful, that brings in customers wanting the same thing. The demand is there and soho is taking full advantage of that. You can make 2000hp on a stock Ecu nowadays, just like you can make 1200hp on uprev why do Ecu tek. You’re not getting what I’m throwing down, it’s not about making power to switch to a stand-alone. Stock simply can’t do what a stand-alone can do when it comes to racing and keeping these motor running at peak efficiency. Again not talking about street cars wanting to do roll racing, and still want to drive it on hot summer days with ac and all the creature comforts. All the new cars you mentioned can probably run 7’s on a factory Ecu, it not like are running multiple piggybacks to truck the computer, Emilia proved when she went 9’s. Watch and consistent and fast these cars will be on stand alones. What all these cars have is you’re right customers willing to spend money, not squabbling over what intake and exhaust combo will net me 350whp for the cheapest price or who got the hook up. Those people are adults with money not kids spending life savings on a 10,000 turbo kit wanting to make 800whp on 750 injectors and no return system.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote