View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #6026 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When I was trained by the DoD. Always have a round chambered. You don't have time to rack a slide. If you have to rack a slide, you're dead. When they sent me to eastern Europe during the cold war. It was necessary.
When we went to the Gulf for Desert Shield, we were supposed to have mag in and empty chamber. I learned under Col Jeff Cooper at Gunsite, if your sidearm wasn't in Condition 1 (round in the chamber, safety on) you were doing pushups.

We had a lot of 'zeros' that thought they knew how to clear a weapon. It's real simple, drop the mag, lock the slide to the rear, inspect the chamber, let the slide go home, point the muzzle at the clearing barrel and pull the trigger. Reinsert the magazine, chamber a round and place pistol back in holster. Easy peasy. Well, this one Major decided he didn't have to drop the mag. He cycled the slide, aimed at the clearing barrel and pulled the trigger. When his pistol went off, it startled him so bad, he shot the clearing barrel again.

He got nicknamed 'Captain Quick Draw'....