View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
Most GTR's do no use a stand alone ECU majority use Ecutek and cobb its been this way for years. GTR's are where they are because of demand has nothing to do with people wanting to spend money on a custom harness. The knew supra is running 8's

Vinny ten's tube chassis drag car ran mid 6's at over 200mph. There was another Z of his that ran into the 8's that trapped in the 170's.This is where the good news with Vinny stops. Over the years his name has gotten him attention he is not some great pioneer nor has he really done anything great for they platform. I personally know people that have worked with Vinny and customers that he has screwed besides myself.
Demand is people willing to spend the money. For example if soho came
Out with a stand alone package and it showed monumental advances in tuning but quoted 6-10k for a drag package. You think the VQ crowd would be jumping through loops to get it done or so say “it to expensive I can’t justify it” gtr crowd has money and money is what it going to take to go to the next level and stay relative. Looks at Cjm and his intake manifold, his oil pump gears and now the Dct. The demand was/or is there, but nobody willing to fork money to help the movement. Just sitting around waiting for shops like
Soho to spend the crazy money on the R&D.

Ecu tek is a very capable piggy back with custom mapping. But a lot of tuners aren’t using it for what it’s worth either.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote