View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 12:27 PM   #4785 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
I'm aware they exist but there's no "affordable" drop in replacements unlike our earlier Z brothers.

From my 10 minutes of research you get:

Syvecs which seems to be the best option but it's also 5k
Motec looks promising but needs a harness (supposedly you can buy a harness for this one though, unlike Haltech)
Haltech requires a custom harness to be made
Link can't control vvel

Which also doesn't include trying to find a competent tuner who knows a VQ and can tune on these other platforms as well. Most specialized vq tuners are pretty well dedicated to uprev/ecutek. I'm sure they're out there but yeah...
You’re 100% wrong. Wayne Potts didn’t get all that involved with syvecs, T1 killed that program. Haltech does control Vvel, motec is plug n play. Expensive. So is rebuilding motors, turbo kits and supporting mods. This is the problem with the VQ community. Why this platform is stuck in a rut for the last 13 years.

Last edited by Elmo370z; 11-18-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote