View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Digitlman
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z WH AU
Digitlman is on a distinguished road

I was going to start a new thread but this one was only a year old so i'll bump it.

I know there are several temperature discussions but this is more directly geared towards the fan operation.

Here is my situation, i have a 2014 370z auto roadster. I live in Florida.

If i start my car and lets say i go to a park and drive around for an hour at 10-20mph so i'm constantly starting and stopping and not getting much airflow from the slow speed my temperature will get up to about 218-220 degrees. My radiator fans do not turn on, And i feel like my car is cooking. if i have the top down cuz its nice out i really notice the heat emanating from my car especially when i stop. I also feel a lot of heat from my center console transmission area.

Scenario #2:

I do the same thing except i turn my Air conditioning on first, when i do i instantly hear my fans turn on and they will stay on the entire time i drive and my temperature will get to about 180-185 maybe. after a while when it is at that temp i really hear the fans they sound like they are cranking full blast speed to keep the car cool.

So the question is this how the fans are supposed to behave? does this happen for everyone else?

Also, when i hit that high 220 temp i have turned on my A/C and it will kick on the fans and very slowly start to cool down a little bit over time, maybe down to 200-210.

Thanks for any info.
Digitlman is offline   Reply With Quote