View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upcoming 2023(?) Integra

https://www.acura.com/future-vehicles/integra

https://www.caranddriver.com/acura/integra

As someone who has an 11th Gen Civic, the proportions are very familiar. I understand there's challenges to effectively bringing a sports car to life — credit at least it's a Honda product — and there has to be consistent brand design language...but if someone removed the badging I'd think it was an updated ILX or whatever the most recent small sedan is under the brand.

I mean it looks decent but I don't see anything that sets it apart from the rest of the brand line.

Locally I've seen a $5k+ markup on the 2022 Civic Hatchback (non-Si), putting it somewhere in the low $30k range.
If the Integra is starting at $30k like claimed, that + the Honda fanboi tax is going to make this a ridiculous proposition.

I want to like it, and the 11th Gen chassis seemed alright in my experience so I do think it's not going to straight suck or something. But if I was looking for a more "pure" Honda sports car, I think I'd just go get the actual cars that actually fit that image.

I think there's more reward in being able to keep a DC2 running. You probably even stretch for an S2K and some work in the budget of this upcoming car and current range of mark-ups.

Otherwise, not complaining we got something over completely nothing.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote