View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
You could probably sell a whole lot of your transfer case adaptation kits for this transmission.

I saw something similar not long ago when a company produced a kit to install the Getrag DCT I used into the RB Skylines. They had to take this RWD only trans and make it accept the RB transfer cases. When they showed it off, it seemed there was a greater number of people wanting just their transfer case kit, for various non-RB powered cars.

With how popular the "CD009" style transmission is, I bet you can sell your transfer case adaptation kit 10:1 more to people who will use it in the most random ****.

I am guessing the sensor on the reverse gear is the "input shaft" speed sensor. They just have it down the line for packaging or something. I couldnt find any other speed sensors on that trans.
That's why I really wanted to make a kit but it's whole lotta Bs.it requires a modified tail housing from another Nissan that has to be pulled from a core trans because Nissan won't sell it separately, as well as the plate, the control shaft, the seal plate, you have to modify the center plate, a bunch of parts for the neutral return springs, the shifter is reversed left to right in the linkage, the neutral switch piece on the control shaft is modified, and more. It would probably take me the better part of a year full time to actually make everything at a quality I would feel comfortable selling as a kit and you would basically need a shop comfortable with rebuilding the trans to do it. Basically the cost to do the conversion would be a toss up with just buying an r33/R34 trans and adapter kit.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote