View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturavanman View Post
Took it to a local trans shop and he tried to baffle me with all this technical crap. I flat asked him if he thought it could just be the TC and he said maybe but only after I remove the trans and tear it down. Oh how much for that? Probably looking at 3k in labor and another 3k in parts. I guess you im just in shock.. So I was thinking of buying a complete used trans with the TC and swapping it out. Now whenI told the trans mechanic this he said “you can’t do that. The computer inside will only work with the car it came out of.” Anybody know about this? I can get a hopefully good condition low mileage trans for 1500-2k off eBay but I know I’m taking a chance. Any suggestions?
First thing to do is find a new mechanic asap. That guy is obviously a crook. A brand spanking new MT should cost about $2K plus about $800 in labor.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote