View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mr.K
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Mr.K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I'd be weighing more SC the 370Z vs buying the new Z and building that up.
With prices these days, if you are in line for the new Z, you should come out ahead financially doing so, and have a nicer interior and longer warranty.

Shifting weight back will need a dry CF hood and fenders, removing AC, and relocating the battery, while keeping everything in the rear heavy. At the track, you'll be faster just making the car as light as possible. The extra few % really isn't that impactful at track speeds, and for balance, it is negligible with good car setup.

I was really close to doing so myself and just swapping all my track parts over.
Inertia with the existing car kept me from doing so, but it was close. Labor with how busy I am currently in life plus them switching to EPS were the main detractors, but it's still a decision I revisit from time to time.

Ah I see what you mean, although I wouldn't be buying the new Z, just swapping the powertrain. EPS is also a detractor for me but Z1 has implemented power steering on their VR30 swap so I'm in the belief that they will be releasing a bracket and belt to hook up a PS pump. As far as weight balance, I have a good idea of what I could do without removing creature comforts. It is just whether or not the added weight and placement of the SC is good for my goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
I have put thought into it. I know its possible. Eugene would help me do it also, I do however have to ship him a donor car with a kit on it and it costs some pretty heavy $$$ to do so.

With CARB you have to waste soooo much power. I am guessing we would be stuck to about 7.5psi and around 425whp in order to pass. Thats like getting your girlfriend a pair of bolt ons and then telling her to wear sweaters all the time.
True I mean at the end of the day business is business but I am certain that a CARB approved Rotrex kit will see good returns, a lot of guys in strict states and especially in Cali looking for more power don't want to deal with cops. The potential of the kit would not be reached but IMO 500HP is a lot more than many of us can ask for or even handle but for me 500hp would be perfect 👌.
Mr.K is offline   Reply With Quote