View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

If I were inclined to do a VR30 swap, I'd wait for the new Z to come out, get wrecked and buy a donor 6MT car and swap the entire engine, 6MT, ECU, IPDM, EPS, keyless system over.
That way you'd have a fully sorted car that complies with the latest emission requirements.
Currently the only donor for a VR30 is the 7AT-only Infiniti Q cars. I haven't seen a fully-sorted VR30 swap yet. I know there are some good running swaps, but they don't have EPS (no provisions for hydraulic PS on VR30 AFAIK) so they don't have power steering, and I know that the ECU isn't intended for a 6MT car.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote