View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr.K
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Mr.K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
You can do an engine swap and pass smog CARB if the engine you're installing is out of a newer car than the chassis that it's going in and retains the original smog equipment (including cats) that that are required for that engine. Of course it would have to go through CARB testing and that could be extensive and expensive. There's a company that does LS3 swaps in Miata's that meet CARB standards.
That is correct, which is why I figured the VR30 swap would also work in my favor. It costs less that $50 to get the car smog legal by taking it to a referee station and getting it approved with a BAR sticker. So it is definitely doable here in Cali. In regards to the other members the car would be a street car AND be seeing track days and maybe drag strips. I know some might argue the power increase might not be useful on the street but a nice torque jump is something I think definitely would be The rotrex supercharger that was just released seems like a very nice choice if it wasn't for the weight. Anyone know how much the net weight gain is with the kit and how much weight I can drop from the engine itself (forged internals)??
Mr.K is offline   Reply With Quote