View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr.K
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Mr.K is on a distinguished road
Default Supercharger vs VR30 swap for my 370z Nismo

Hello community, sorry for the long post LOL. I know there have been many threads about turbo vs supercharger but this thread isn't in regards to that. I'm looking for more power out of the Z34 chassis. Now my question is in regards to keeping the weight distribution of the chassis balanced. The VR30 would be the obvious choice here as it is only 18lbs more than the VQ37 but it looses some of what makes the VQ37 great with it's high redline, iconic exhaust note and reliability. A supercharger kit weighs around 85lbs according to some sources but I believe in a thread a member stated a net gain of about 30lbs. How could I drop the weight up front (more specifically from the internals) to offset the weight of a supercharger? I have already considered battery relo, dry carbon parts, wheels, tires, etc. My goal is too keep the overall weight of the car low, improve its front/rear weight distribution and make over 450hp. I just wanted to know if my goals would be realistically possible with a supercharger otherwise I'll probably be doing a VR30 swap .
Mr.K is offline   Reply With Quote