View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
alexthepooky
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z 2016
alexthepooky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
OP, is there any rhythm to the clicking? Does it speed up when you go faster, or is it consistent until it goes away? Hard to tell from the video.

I think it would be worth having someone else try to help you pinpoint the location of the noise while driving. Have them stand on the outside of the vehicle while you drive by. Or even better, if they have a bike, have them cruise next to the car near each wheel while driving slowly.
I wouldnt say there isnt a consistent rhythm to the clicking that happens every time. Sometimes it sounds like click, click-click, click. Sometimes its click..click....click. When inside the car, it sounds like it's coming from the front. But both me and a friend listened to it outside the car as it slowly cruised by and it sounds like it comes from the rear too. If it's happening on multiple wheels would buying a different set of lugs be a smart move to eliminate that option incase they're the problem because thats something that could affect all the wheels?

Note: Originally when I got the wheels I had stock studs. There wasnt enough thread to drive them safely fast in my eyes, but I did creep 50 feetish in the complex and the clicking occured then. Regardless of me thinking studs were causing the noise, I installed the extended studs and the click was still there, but atleast lugs tighten and do not loosen after driving now. The open ended acorn lugs I have now were being run on the stock wheels before too, could that affect the structure of the lugs since the stock wheels were supposed to use the mag seat type?

Last edited by alexthepooky; 10-29-2021 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Grammar
alexthepooky is offline   Reply With Quote