View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
alexthepooky
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z 2016
alexthepooky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k67p67 View Post
The lug nuts you are using are almost surely 60 degree taper which is what they should be. Not sure if there is a difference in stud length between base models and sport/Nismo models. Open ended lug nuts means they aren't bottoming out on the extended studs.

The clicking noise doesn't seem to be related to the change of wheels. Is the clicking loud or soft? Fast or slow? One time or repeated?
Clicking can be heard with windows down. If windows are up I wont hear it. By no means does it sound like a banging or clashing noise. Its sounds like running over some brittle leaves. The clicking doesn't really sound rotational with the wheel. Click clickclick click until I go above 2k rpm in 1st then it stops. Keep in mind, after I heard the click, I did put the stock wheels back on, and the clicking stopped. Put the SSRs back on, and clicking started again.

Heres a video of the clicking noise: https://vimeo.com/640185670
In the video I did run over two big ol' leaves (abunch in my complex) so dont confuse those noises with the actual clicking I'm referring to in the vid lol. P.S. In the car is sounds like it comes from the front, standing outside the car you can hear it from the rear too.

Last edited by alexthepooky; 10-28-2021 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Video link to hear the click
alexthepooky is offline   Reply With Quote