View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zerafian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rented a 21' Audi R8 for a week

I came to this section and noticed it hasn't been very long since I rented the Ferrari for my wedding. Just a reminder of how much money I've recently wasted.

I also dont typically give my feedback but when I posted about the ferrari, people asked me...so I went ahead and gave my thoughts below

Aaannnyways!

So I rented an Audi R8 for a week, about a month ago. The intention is to see if I actually want the car that bad. Id rather make a $5-7k mistake instead of a $150k+ mistake. I've hit the end of the road for the Z and I want to move either a v8 or v10. Im not really interested in dropping $8-10k on interior reupholster and seats or $10-15k on FI for the Z, hence its done. I was first considering an LC500 but the backseats and how big they are make it a bit hard for me to want to pull the trigger. The Jaguar Ftype was also on the list but I feel like the body style has aged a bit and Im not the biggest fan of the new look.

Of course a Huracan and the 488, especially the 488 were on my list, but about $100k over my budget, lol...only $100k

Due to watching a few youtubers that build imports and exotic, it brought the R8 to my attention. Long story short, I became really attached to it and decided I should rent one. I wanted to see if the car was somethign I would truly love driving or if I'd have buyers remorse a month after purchase.

It was a base model so the ride was a bit hard, which is fine. If it had the magnetic ride, Im sure it would have been way better. The overall pick up was really nice. Since it was the base, it had roughly 550 to the crank. Oddly enough, flooring it multiple times and I was never uncomfortable. The car was very planted but not scary fast, like the 488 was.

The interior felt very uh...usable? It felt like a car I could just jump into, toss my gym bag in, and go. Lots of leather and CF bits but walked the line of "not to flashy" and "be gentle with everything you place in the car."

The car was too quite. The sound deadening, even with the soft top was really good. The car has decent volume from the outside but with music playing inside, it was actually tough to hear. I had to get it around 4.5-5.5k rpm to get any pops from it, which obviously I would prefer that be 2k lower.

Overall, I would NEVER pay $200k for this car, especially a soft top, even new. However, for that Lamborghini engine, I'd go for a 2018-2019 coupe, in the 140s-150s

I've also made the mistake of pricing wheels, springs, exhaust, tune, and CF additions from 1016. The potential sale of the Z will be what covers those, from the numbers Im looking at.

On a side note, Im starting to believe that if a cars going to be loud, it should be fast too. My 320 whp Z, with my motordyne setup, is super loud but the car just feels like it goes no where. Driving the 488 and R8 have started to change my thought process about that...which Im not entirely happy about but oh well.

excuse all the bad grammar...Im a dumb dumb.

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t

Last edited by Zerafian; 10-29-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote