View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
x818ray
Base Member

Drives: 13g37sdn AT blk/blk
x818ray is on a distinguished road

my 2¢ from a previous g37 question/post...

"hey. it's your transmission/torque converter. can't say which one for sure. my 13 sedan started doing the same thing after a hard pull from a stop. i had changed the trans oil a few months before that. @ 95k miles. i did drive it around a couple of weeks because it was intermittent. it finally started stalling all the time so i swapped it with a used trans/torque conv. myself. problem solved. could be just the torque converter. thing is, when they fail, it produces metal shavings that contaminates your actual transmission. i think that's what happened to my trans. it had metal shavings everywhere inside, although it was shifting fine until the very end. i never got a check engine light BTW."

i want to add. check your trans fluid first for contamination. if none, you might get lucky and only have to swap your torque converter unlike me. i didn't bother to check first. make sure to flush your trans cooling lines either way. nissan sales an inexpensive aerosol can for that.