View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannyl81 View Post
I do not want to bother Eugene with this question, so asking it of you guys:
Before I do the below....need to know how much open road I am going to require, how fast will I be going when the ECU cuts power...and lastly...will I know when the ECU cuts power?

You will need to record a "pull", it is recommended to wait until the engine oil temperature reaches approximately 82 deg C or more. Put the vehicle in manual mode (if auto trans). Bring the engine rpm to approximately 2500 preferably in 4th gear (3rd if you need to limit your top speed. Press the gas pedal down all the way gradually, don't stab it, such that by approximately 3000 RPM you are going full throttle. Do not release the accelerator pedal until the ECU cuts power.

Thanks,
You'll need a fair amount of room as you'll be starting the pull low on the rev range which will be way out of the power band, it'll take a while to climb then you'll obviously need a good amount of space to safely slow down. How fast you'll be going depends on your diff gear ratio, I know on mine top of 4th is a little over 120mph. And yes, it'll be very obvious when it hits fuel cut.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote