View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Imperial
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo 370Z PW M6
Imperial will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayZinbrand View Post
Hey! This is Ray (Noir.TM) and I am the one that initially helped you via phone and email. I am also going to answer this in order with the best knowledge I have and fill in some holes left.

1. This was a NISMO brake kit that was not yet available on the site but my colleague went ahead and sourced it directly through NISMO/Nissan Motorsports. When we first got in contact you advised us of the error and I got you situated immediately at no cost. This was an error with the item list for that kit and I see no way that you should pay for that error. Solution was found and completed.

2. I do not remember speaking on the brake lines and we can bounce back and forth on this one. I don’t want to speak in ignorance. So I apologize, I need to get more info from you and NISMO before I speak out of line.

3. Initially I was advised the rear rotors would fit Akebono rotors and my colleague was advised of the same news. Once I got your email we quickly went to one of our techs who has this kit and he remembered that he did in fact have a different rear rotor to make it work. That was an error on our end that we needed to rectify immediately. Leads into 4.

4. When I advised to just double check install, in no way am I attacking someone’s credentials or capabilities. Instead I am trying to check every box so we can nail it down to the source. You oddly took offense and then I explained in the next email that I am trying to make sure you are taken care of and every avenue was checked while I also checked ours. Turns out we were wrong and we agreed to accept your rotors has a return to offset the cost of the new ones.

5. This is where I will side with my colleague on going above and beyond. You do not have access to this information so I can understand your viewpoint, but I will explain what is factual. Your pricing did not include rotors because the sales team member wrongly thought it was not necessary. We all identified that error and I explained it to you. You asked to be compensated 100% for the error and I advised bluntly that I cannot give free rotors. While I was away I heard you guys came to an agreement to return your old rotors. Here is where the “above and beyond” begins. Your rotors were initially purchased in 2014, rebuilt in 2016, and being returned in 2021. I cannot think of a single company that would accept 6-7 year old rotors to be compensated at the cost paid this long from the point of purchase. I overruled every protocol for returns to make up for our error. Second, the pricing you received for the rotors are under was it actually cost. This means we took a hit to complete your order. Again- You were inconvenienced and we wanted to get this fixed ASAP. This order is no longer even profitable, but we need to focus on the resolution and get you situated. My colleague and myself took it personal to get every approval we could to get you across the finish line. Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite the orders shipping. I understand that is frustration and I’m 100% with you. But a lot of protocols were already broken and this is far as a stretch that we were able to make.

To be honest, you are an incredibly nice person every time we spoke and I still think so. I put myself in everyone’s shoes when trying to understand our customers issues and move toward immediate solution. We do have and gave the solution. Unfortunately we have to wait until Monday/Tuesday (Off memory I believe this is the ETA for the correct rotors to ship) for this to come to a close.
We also understand your car is in a shop and we want to get it out. But you have to sometimes look from outside the box as well.

Hopefully with the added info there will be more perspective added. As I told you on the phone, I am very blunt and always focus on setting a good experience because we are all car enthusiasts. I wouldn't want someone to treat me like they don’t care, so I give all the attention I can and also answer in a timely manner to get everyone across the finish line.
1. Sorry, but this is simply not true. You DID already sell the kit because it was on your website that I discovered them and my first correspondence with your team was to inquire about them. I have the email transcripts to prove this. You're the second person from your team to make this false claim which isn't reassuring about your knowledge regarding the products that you sell.

2. Look up my emails, you'll find I sent several with pictures when this issue came up. What you may not know although the option is clearly on your product page is that there are two versions of this kit, sport and base, the difference between them being the adapter included with the sport kit so the brake lines will terminate in a short banjo bolt to properly fit these calipers. In other words, you guys sent me the kit for the wrong model car. Unfortunately I discovered this error after I had already purchased replacement brake lines for the calipers.

3-5. You make assumptions based on my order history with your company however what you're not aware of is that I purchased the rebuild kit for my 2-piece rotors well in advance of when I would be needing them during a sale you guys were having... And I just had them rebuilt! Just ask and I can provide you with the work order. Or better yet, wait until you receive the rear rotors back and you'll find that you can still see the machining marks on them. That's because they've barely been used in anticipation for the new calipers. Why do you think I was trying to be absolutely sure the Nismo calipers would fit you're 2-piece rotors? Now I'm having to pay to replace rotors I just had rebuilt. You mention breaking protocols to justify claiming having gone above and beyond, you also state that my transaction is no longer profitable... this just proves to me that the culture in your company does not value good customer service if there are actual protocols keeping you from making things right and that in the end, it's still all about the bottom line.

I appreciate the compliment regarding my demeanor. You'll find I try my best to never become mean, I work in healthcare and I know first hand that gets you nowhere however I just want things to be right and fair. In this case I feel I got the short end of the stick.

Last edited by Imperial; 10-23-2021 at 03:46 AM.
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote