View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Imperial
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo 370Z PW M6
Imperial will become famous soon enough
Default My recent experience with Z1.

My recent horrible experience with Z1. Take it for what it is.

Long story short… I purchased a set of brake calipers after I was assured on several occasions that they were compatible with the Z1 2-piece rotors (factory Akebono spec). Below are the issues I encountered in chronological order:

1. Calipers arrived without the brake pads that they were supposed to come with.

2. Installed front calipers only to discover the factory brake lines are not compatible. I later discover that the calipers are supposed to ship with adapters for cars with Akebono brakes. I received no such thing and had to replace all my brake lines. Mind you, I already had aftermarket lines.

3. Rear calipers do not fit factory spec sport rotors. They’re designed for thicker rotors with a smaller diameter.

4. I informed Z1 of the fitment issue and they initially blamed it on installation error but later admitted they had made a mistake and that the calipers are in fact NOT compatible with the rear rotors. Their solution, I would have to buy a new pair of rear rotors. I provided a compromise in which I would return their rear 2-piece rotors in exchange for replacements that fit the new calipers and pay the different in price. They accepted.

5. I asked for the new rotors to be expedited as my car would be stuck at the shop until they are received. They responded with a resounding NO stating they’re already going above and beyond having agreed to my compromise and asked me why I had not sent their rotors back yet.

To be continued…
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote