View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 02:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Botaine
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base Automatic
Botaine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
The real question is why does it even matter to you? You're not doing time attack. You'll never be able to quantify (much less notice) the weight loss on the street even during spirited driving. The car is plenty capable as is.
I can tell the difference between when I have a spare tire in the car and when I don't so I'm pretty sure I will be able to tell the difference if the rotors are 30lb lighter from using a material lighter in total than iron. It would make even more of a difference on the rotors because the engine has to rotate them directly just to make the car move. I don't think there is a lighter material available for the base trim rotors. To get lighter rotors it sounds like I would have to first upgrade to the akebono brakes and swap in some carbon fiber rotors that would cost 15 grand for a set... Hmm not worth it. Was just hoping someone made steel rotors or that there were more options for light rotors at a reasonable price. It's really just for ***** and giggles. To keep myself entertained really.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk
Botaine is offline   Reply With Quote