View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben370 View Post
On page LU-13
At 176F: 14psi+ idle, 43psi+ 2k rpm
Obviously 5W-30 is Nissan's recommended weight, which I use.

And it says pressure is higher when cold, so mine is really bad since it was 12psi at 140F.

I just want to know how to troubleshoot this to be certain it's the gallery or not. Compression test maybe?
Since you verified low oil pressure per the workshop manual you should start by either draining the engine oil to see if either oil galley gasket material comes out and bearing material. Bearing material would be a great sign of damage to the crankshaft and cylinder walls due to lack or lubrication.

If you don't see gasket material or sparklys, take the lower oil pan off too see if gasket material is at the entry to the oil pickup tube. The pickup tube has a screen so large debris will not get sucked up. These would be the easiest ways to check for bearing material.

Now, if you still don't see galley gasket material, you will have to take the front cover off to see what you find.