View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 12:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
Horizon
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo 370z #424
Horizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by halonut View Post
The foam fix worked for me & it was really easy. Just remove the door panel & speaker enclosure, then I snuck my arm in (tight fit but very doable) & put a 4" piece of that round foam pipe insulation around the adjuster with the ratchet (see pics above). Then I cut about 6" off the end of a pool noodle & wedged it in between the door frame & the piece of pipe insulation (do all of this with the window up & test drive before reassembling). No removal of window or regulator required.

The rattle is gone & I don't have to drop the window slightly...just nice & quiet now. It was also super easy to replace the door stay while I was at it so now I have a nice quiet door that stays open.

ps: you will need to reset the window after completion...just roll all the way down & then all the way up holding the switch in the up position for at least 5 seconds.
Hey Halonut, could you stick your phone in there and take a video of how you set it up? I read your explanation, but a video would be much easier to comprehend. Thank you!!