View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Never let your lady drive your Z - unless you're looking to get new wheels!

So yesterday when I got out of my car I noticed a big scrape on my left front tire - and wheel, of course!

I racked my brain trying to remember if I had hit anything and I could not for the life of my think of anything... then I remembered...

On Wednesday I had to drop my Tahoe off at 1 shop for oil change and a look at some suspension squeaks, and also had to drop my wife's Escape off at ANOTHER shop to look at tires to see if they needed replacing - we are giving this vehicle to my son, who just got his DL this week.

So that necessitated several trips back and forth to the house in the AM, then The Wife dropped me off at work and took my Z to run errands, etc., during the day.

So I walked in and she could tell something was wrong. I was irked - not pissed, just irked. I know she hates my car (driving it, at least). It's too low for her to feel comfortable, she has to pull the seat all the way forward and sit it up straight to be able to see well, and it has big blind spots, etc. I know how much she hates it, but it was unavoidable on this day. So I asked her, "Did you hit a curb when you were driving the Z?" She thought for a minute and says, "Oh yeah, when I was pulling in somewhere I scraped the curb - but not hard, it wasn't bad."

So, yeah, while it's not bad... I mean, at least she didn't crack the wheel or something, but yeah. I made it almost two years with these wheels and they're still pristine. Or... well... they were pristine.

So anyway. Public service announcement, I guess. I've spent a boatload on vehicle repairs this year, but I'm not sure any of it hurt so much as to see my baby getting curbchecked. <sigh>

Moving on... the weekend cometh.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote