View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #610 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
I guess Red Bull Powertrains won't be ready for a while yet.
That's one heck of a commitment to Formula racing from Red Bull.
Wonder if they will try to offer engines to other teams, or if their contract with Honda locks them into only their two teams?
Does this extend to F2 powerplants as well? I haven't been paying attention.

And will this affect the rumoured addition of VAG in 2026, I wonder? Were they considering running a team (and if so, buying one of the existing 10, or starting #11), or just supplying engines? Seems that the market for engines just got 20% smaller. RBR isn't going to make this investment for only 4 years. Ferrari and Mercedes aren't going anywhere, and Renault/Alpine won't likely buy an outsourced engine unless the parent company merges in future.
RedBull appear to be courting VAG in some fashion but with this 3 year Honda alliance not sure the intent. So Honda and all this going away stuff is a lie. They are not leaving. What a joke.

RedBull appear to be 'hedging' their intent to be a builder. Extend unofficially Honda and hope some group from VAG arrives?? Games of F1 lol
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote