View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 02:33 PM   #808 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

An attempt was made to mount the drive shaft. To my surprise, incorrect measurements were given to the drive shaft company. 100% my fault and I have no idea why I recorded the wrong measurement because it was done multiple times by myself and one other person. I'd rather not have any smart *** comments about this one... It's raw because the driveshaft cost 820.00. Locally there is a driveshaft company that gave a rough quote of 350 to cut the ends off and put a new aluminum 3.5" tube on. I ate the loss and dropped off the drive shaft.

In other news, I attached the pressure side hose to the pump. I found a Mishimoto -16 orb to 3/4 barb fitting that threaded into the Davies Craig pump. 3/4"ID line was ran and I steered clear of the engine bay (heat). The line comes up and routes through the fender area out near the headlight.

Return side, a buddy gave me some -16 fragola hose to hook into a 180deg off the swirl pot. Nothing else fits off the swirl pot other than that... well... I have some ideas but it would be more fabrication that I don't want to do. anyway... The fragola line WILL run right near the engine and up pipes. On order is a -16 pushlock fitting for the rear radiator.

I didn't get pictures but I used threaded inserts and have the hose zip tied and secured (mostly) under the car.

THAT will be the end of the fitting and hose nightmare. Check out the IG video of the flow.

You know... I haven't made a YouTube video in a long while. I probably should do another video sometime soon. I love looking at the analytics on my videos . My retention rate is a whole 2-3min for people and then... there's a couple people that actually watch the whole thing. I don't blame them for bailing after 2-3min... so much better stuff out there.

Enjoy the 4 odd angled pictures. The video clips sum everything up way better, two 1min clips.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU1Nveys..._web_copy_link

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote