View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #4510 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Looks like the coolant topped out at 262F. That was right after the run and coasting down. You have a log of the rpms to go along with these logs?

From what I learned on the track. I keep my coolant level and power steering fluid level at the add marks to keep from boiling out of the reservoir. When fluid gets hot it expanses and has to go somewhere.
I was on a banked track. If i pushed any coolant to the reservoir it went right out the overflow onto the ground while I was banked. That is what it did. I created an air pocket. The SOHO catch can/coolant reservoir is not that big. It is 1/4 of the size of the stock one from 09 to 11. In 2012, Nissan went to a recirulating pressurized overflow. The question is Why? Did I just find out why?

Last edited by Spooler; 10-10-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote