View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
I was looking at some photos of my Z in the past few years. I can't get past how good I think it looks lol

Now, it's got me thinking to keep it just because of the looks. The Audi looks great, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have that same appeal my Z does to me.

Plus Soho, have said they are releasing the VR30 trans package soon for the 370Z, that would sort out my trans department for big power.

Hmm, imagine that, Soho Built motor, and VR30 trans, that should also get me 9-10s yeah?
Nothing wrong with keeping the z, it’s a great car, and quite a looker.

That combo will not get you into the 9’s I’m betting, probably high 10’s. The z just has poor squat/anti squat charactistics in the rear end for drag racing so you’ll be struggling for traction at those power levels which will then offset a lot of the benefits of the extra power.

Or, you can fix the rear end somewhat with mods which will then throw off the road course and spirited mountain road driving characteristics of the car.

You’re asking your z to do something it just isn’t really designed to do very well. $$ fixes everything, I mean with enough $$ and time I can build a 1 ton dually that’ll run 10’s, but it’ll suck as a tow rig and that’s the wrong tool for the job but people do it all the time.

I’ll restate imo, your best path. Forget the ttrs, keep your z and enjoy as is. When you want to go fast in a straight line for a short distance, buy a cheap old Holden drag car.

Or dump a mint into your z, and have a (comparatively for the $$ and power) slow dyno queen.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote