View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #807 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Drive shaft has made its arrival. It looks like a beefy driveshaft and it will mate to the OE pinion flange. I was surprised to find out that Drivetrain Industries didn't make the pinion flange... but it doesn't really matter. I gave them the measurements and they did everything else.

I was able to get a little further on the water lines. Between the pump I used -16 fragola line because I had the line, I ordered the two 90deg fittings. As always... 1"ID hose will be used for the return line. As you can see the line is huge. I just zip tied the line up so it would relax into that position. Mounts will need to be installed. The mounts will happen at the same time as the 3/4ID sending line.

Return line from the water merge and swirl pot was plumbed with a brass 1" barb to a 90deg Fragola push to lock -16, which is essentially a barb fitting to AN. It worked! Getting plumbing from the bottom of the swirl pot to the back of the car is going to be difficult. I'm still looking at fitting options. I'm just going to plumb the 1" line to the area to see what path works the best. I'll likely run near the engine.... BUT, I think I might want to use some -16 fragola line for that due to heat and oil concerns. We'll see.

If you haven't noticed, all the sending line will be 3/4" and all return line will be 1". I think that this will help keep the system pressurized better. Maybe it will not... but.. this is what's happening.

Last edited by gbrettin; 10-08-2021 at 10:06 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote