View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
1cleans13
Base Member

Drives: 11 NISMO/15 GX460
1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute1cleans13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
"Divorced" = spring and shocks mounted at different spot. Our OEM rear is divorced setup.

"True type" = the coil-spring surrounding the shocks, mounted as one unit. OEM front is this setup.

See pictures from a member's FS thread. Also how the oem rear suspension looks (from Edmunds.com). See the spring and shock are at different spot.

If one goes for the "true type" rears, then the spring would be mounted on the shock. That big spring bucket will just hold air.

Of course, one should have adjustable arms if switching to aftermarket spring and shocks.

WoW
Thank you for all the info. I am getting BC coilovers (true type) And I am thinking of picking up Z1 adjustable arm kit they offer. I barely drive the car and only drive it occasionally on weekends so I don’t see the point in spending thousands $$$$ on super high quality arms.
As much as i would love to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk