View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 07:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Ok yes your last post is more inline now with what the audi forum members have been saying about running e85 on standard motor.

I am curious to know how our Zs can handle near double the factory pwr/tq when boosted and e85 and still go strong for many yrs like it is a normal thing to do these days.

But any mention of e85 of the TTRS forum, they are highly against it, aswell as my local Audi tuners are against it to. Really got me wondering how are ton more expensive car does not like it as much as a standard Z motor.

Anyways, I guess all I need is a Stage II tune on the TTRS and I can hit my target of 9-10sec with no weight reduction. Absolutely krazi results for practically a few mods.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...S-build-thread
Ahh, I haven’t seen this thread yet, but I do remember Saxon and his original rs3 build from a few year’s ago, I followed that one.

Yeah, w/o a built motor just stay pump gas and stage II max, I mean shi1t, it’ll run what high 9’s.

Off the shelf built motor parts, nothing exotic or one off and you can go stage III full frame BT like Saxon did and run low 9’s.

Big note here, he didn’t upgrade his dq500 trans AT ALL other than dsg catch can and tcu tune and it’s living an apparently happy life at stage III levels with drag radials. So are the stock axles, etc. So, the transaxle and rear diff and axles really are overbuilt as hell but the motor is apparently only somewhat strong from the factory.

With those kinda numbers, I mean, who cares if you’re running corn or not? If the goal is a fast reliable car that is fun, I’d say mission accomplished.

Think about how much $$ and parts and power you’d need to throw at a z to run 9.2 in the 1/4 mile….
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote