View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I got a bit curious about this, seems there have been some rod bearing and piston ring issues as well.

Seems like going beyond stage I or II e85 is where this starts to be a problem. Makes sense as to why I wasn’t super up to speed on it since my focus power wise has always been pump gas stage I or maybe II.

But, good news is like I stated earlier, a built motor seems to be the cure here and that’s not too expensive compared to some other cars.

Bottom line, stay stage I on pump gas and run high 10’s consistently with sticky tires and throw in a bit of weight savings to boot.

If you get greedy and want more, just preemptively build the motor, not talking spooler level build here, just your average forged piston/rod combo, upgraded bearings, micro polished crank etc. this setup can run stage III reliably it seems.

I suppose I’m getting old, but I really think the best way to go fast is to just buy the fastest out of the box car you can afford and just do some mild mods to it.

Or, buy an old racing beater and build that. Holden pos with built ls will run as fast as you want/can $$ into it. Then just daily your z or other dd.

/\ this is why we’re only going stage I pump gas, it’s safe and reliable, but still very quick.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote