View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #806 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

These pictures are from last week. Got busy and didn't post them here. I better post them now or else it will not happen.

Picked up my throttle bodies and water merge from the welder. The throttle bodies are Chinese aluminum so welds don't look the best.

Worked on putting the car back together with lines. Took a bit longer than anticipated going through and checking all the nuts and bolts.

Putting the intake on was HARD. The rubber made rings on the clamps made it 10x harder.

Started on plumbing the A2W lines. I'm starting with the difficult part, or so I think it will be? I had originally thought I could get 1" lines working for everything. That was a flop. 1" Inside Diameter means that the Outside Diameter was 1 1/4" and that was too large when trying to get the bumper on. I had to re work the strategy to use 1/2" ID line which has an OD of 3/4. The line is WAY easier to work with and the bumper can go on too. The smaller 1/2 ID shouldn't matter because the most restrictive part of the line is 3/4".

Thankfully plumbing supplies are cheap vs all the AN fittings. Oh, the 90deg brass fitting will not be removed. I will leave that in and change the size from 3/4 to 1" at a 90deg. Reason for that is because I would have to remove the vband clamps which were a pain in the a$$. NOPE. not removing that.

On a side note... I started a new job. That means I can't really buy anything new for a while. Looks like I will be working everything I can until paychecks flow normal.

ROUND TWO... SMALLER LINES:

Last edited by gbrettin; 10-04-2021 at 10:29 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote