View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Ok thanks for the info, will definitely reach out to Mazworx for some discussion if I decide to stay this platform.

I love the look of my Z still for sure. The supra, I am only 50/50 on. But to make ot fair, I would have to compare a bodykit or lip kitted supra like my Z. And some Supra look nice with the lip kits installed. The TTRS, is in many ways just as sexy as my Z, if not better looking. But the Audi comes with the added class and luxury, which the Z obviously won't match. Anyways, I care more about performance at this stage.

Yep, this is why I included only these other 2 platforms in my choice. I hear nothing but great things about the B58, and TTRS platform. And you say from experience, does that mean you owned a TTRS or still own one? If so please let me know, I would like to PM you a few questions.

Ok to answer this question, how fast I want to go?
I would love to have a street car that can do easy 10s and bonus if I can do 9s on street legal slicks. I hope that is possible for what I have asked? If not then all good.

How deep are my pocket?
Not very deep. But enough for a TTRS and stage 3 mods and tune. Not much more than that.

Or i can spare about 50K for a motor and trans build on the Z. No more really. Don't forget I am in Australia, our markets and rates for things a very different.

But I feel doing bolt ons and tune on a TTRS is going to be much easier than massive motor/trans build on the Z. Hence, why I have been contemplating the switch.
Yes, wifey and I have a ‘18 ttrs since new. It’s her track car. Feel free to pm me any questions you may have I’m happy to help.

Ok, from your above comments I’m going to just go ahead and say just get the Audi. It’ll be cheaper, easier, less mods, more trouble free, and the build quality inside and out is great.

1. Bone stock ttrs on the oem boat anchor forged 20’s will do 0-60 in 3.2 - 3.4 sec and run the 1/4 mile in 11.5 - 11.7 @ 118 mph, all this is time slip verified many many times over the last 3+ years. The faster end of the stock spectrum is on the base (or any) 19” wheels. All with the shitty oe pirrilli tires to boot.

2. A stage I ecu/tcu tune 93 octane, (just tune, no hard parts), will run 10.9 - 11.1 @ 124 mph. Again, these #s are with stock 20” wheels still. I’m citing both APR and unitronic times fyi, the unitronic tunes tend to be slightly faster. I have actually seen time slip verified 10.8 1/4 mile runs on a APR 91 octane low boost stage I tune but the guy had lighter wheels and temporally removed the backseat for the run, plus cai and IC, but still that’s fvcking impressive as hell.

3. Stage I ecu/tcu tune e85 will go 10.6 - 10.4 in the 1/4 at full weight. I’ve seen slips around 10.2 when weight savings were added like lightweight wheels and dot drag radials, remove back seat ( that’s a very easy temp mod that saves around 44+ lbs).

4. Stage III with a hybrid turbo (stock sized frame aftermarket turbo so you can keep stock intake and down pipe sizes) on e85 will run mid to high 9 sec passes on drag radials. This is a 700-750 hp setup. Also requires full bolt ons: cai, IC, hfc dp or catless dp, still on stock cbe. Btw, there are gesi hfc that meet epa (USA) emissions standards as well as euro 5/6 standards as well that can support up to 1000 hp so going catless really isn’t necessary.

5. /\ the above setup doesn’t require a built motor or trans, at least not on the short to medium term. Plenty of rs3 and ttrs’s at this level running for years no problems. Now if you’re beating on your car like it owes you $$ every weekend, then, you’ll probably want to upgrade the trans clutch packs at some point and just keep the thought in your head that eventually something expensive might break, but that’s true of ANY car you build. The only time that’s not a worry is if you’re running a stock vehicle.

6. Cost of a stage I ecu/tcu tune is around $800 - $1300. (It will include 91, 93, and even e85 tunes if you want most of the time). All the tuners run sales on the software regularly as well so keep an eye out.

7. IC is around $1k, cai is $800 - $1400, turbo inlet elbow $400, hfc dp $2500. If you upgrade later to stage III, you stay with same tuner they’ll give you a discount on the tune. Stage III hybrid turbo is around $5700 or so iirc. With the hybrid turbo setup, you reuse all your stage I or II hardware to boot.

8. Note, on the Teutonic car platforms, esp the VAG cars, all the tunes I’m talking about are off the shelf bench tunes, no custom dyno tunes needed, not even at stage III. This saves you lots off $$ in no dyno tuning and also explains why all the cars perform within a couple 10ths of each other no matter where in the world they run. They are also incredibly safe bc of this and you don’t need to worry about finding “a good tuner”. Hell, with unitronic, you can skip all the middleman entirely and load and remove and reload tunes from your garage on your laptop. They provide free updates and tech support for the life of your car to boot. APR will also provide free updates for life as long as you own the car but they require loading and reloading the tune at one of their authorized dealer network. Now, they have the biggest dealer network in the world and I know for a fact they’re all over down under. Unitronic is Canadian btw, som good ol boys from laval Quebec. That’s the land of my wife’s people originally.

9. Now I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you that on oem replacement motor including labor is $27k if you put a piston thru the block. There are all the aftermarket parts available for built motors and dq500 transmissions now tho and like I said, Audi overbuilt the sh1t outta this drivetrain from the factory. But, when tuning, there is always that unknown freak accident factor so you should know costs going in.

Good luck, see you on audizine lol.

Last edited by FL 4Motion; 10-03-2021 at 07:07 AM.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote