View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Shadow85,
The Mazworx engine has the Darton mid sleeves properly installed with their knowledgeable staff + many years building Race Engine’s.
Pro H-Beam Carillon rods, Forged CP Pistons (96mm 10:1 CR), King Race Bearings (Rod,Main/Thrust), ARP Main/Head Studs, CNC Port/Polish heads, Chamber Polish, Bronze Guides, +1 mm Supertech valves (Inconel exhaust), JWT C2 exhaust cams, ATI Damper, engine spun & primed w/30wt.break in oil, oil pressure checked.
Phone or email Mark@Mazworx.
Elmo has helped a few people source engine’s to them for others.
John at IPT has developed a good rep with boosted VQ’s in front of his built 7A/T’s.
I’m gonna limit my high boost initially at 24# though engine is rated up to 40# boost.
Ok thanks for the info, will definitely reach out to Mazworx for some discussion if I decide to stay this platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
If you really like the z, then keep it and go built motor/trans plus all the additional sh1t like cooling, brakes, rear diff, axles etc.
I love the look of my Z still for sure. The supra, I am only 50/50 on. But to make ot fair, I would have to compare a bodykit or lip kitted supra like my Z. And some Supra look nice with the lip kits installed. The TTRS, is in many ways just as sexy as my Z, if not better looking. But the Audi comes with the added class and luxury, which the Z obviously won't match. Anyways, I care more about performance at this stage.

Quote:
But the other two platforms are gonna be easier to make faster. The ttrs is a monster, I speak from experience.
Yep, this is why I included only these other 2 platforms in my choice. I hear nothing but great things about the B58, and TTRS platform. And you say from experience, does that mean you owned a TTRS or still own one? If so please let me know, I would like to PM you a few questions.

Quote:
Instead of focusing on a whp #. Ask yourself how fast do you want to go? And how deep are your pockets? It will be easier to go xxx speed/time in a ttrs vs a built z.
Ok to answer this question, how fast I want to go?
I would love to have a street car that can do easy 10s and bonus if I can do 9s on street legal slicks. I hope that is possible for what I have asked? If not then all good.

How deep are my pocket?
Not very deep. But enough for a TTRS and stage 3 mods and tune. Not much more than that.

Or i can spare about 50K for a motor and trans build on the Z. No more really. Don't forget I am in Australia, our markets and rates for things a very different.

Quote:
If you’re gonna dump $$ into a car, (make no mistake, a stage III built ttrs is still a big build albeit much less than the z build), you really want to be sure you’re committed to a long term relationship forsaking all others etc. otherwise, you’ll end up selling at pennies on the dollar and lose your shirt.
But I feel doing bolt ons and tune on a TTRS is going to be much easier than massive motor/trans build on the Z. Hence, why I have been contemplating the switch.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote