View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
I have been fancying the idea of building the motor and 7AT trans for a reliable 800-900whp weekend warrior.

Who is the best, most reliable and trusted motor builder for the VQ37. I know there are a few good ones around nowadays, Dynosty, IPP, SOHO just to name a few.

Is there a general consensus on which would be my best bet for the strongest builder. I would need for them to be able to supply the core, build and ship to Australia if possible. Or send the rebuild kit and have a local shop to do the build on my core. Same with the transmission, but still not sure which builder to chose for that, IPT or Pure Transmission USA?

Either the above, or sell my current Z and fund towards a 2019 Supra, or 2018 Audi TTRS. They are the options I want to lay down, not interested in any other cars, well at least within my budget.

Please give me any opinions or advice about this request? Thanks.

If you really like the z, then keep it and go built motor/trans plus all the additional sh1t like cooling, brakes, rear diff, axles etc.

But the other two platforms are gonna be easier to make faster. The ttrs is a monster, I speak from experience.

Oh, if you’re gonna build a reliable 800-900 whp motor and trans, that’s essentially the same build as a 1000 whp build as far as requirements to be rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
ok gona read later, thanks.

But wow, he started that thread in 2018. 3 yrs, and still not finished?

I am unsure if I can wait long periods of time again without the car. I have already done that on numerous occasions.

More of a reason why I want to switch platforms and go for a stage 3 build + tune on either the B58 or TTRS platform.

But then again, I have already spent tons of coin on my Z and should keep it, and I think it still looks very good! Ahh decisions, decisions.
A stage III build with a hybrid turbo setup on a ttrs will run 9’s, with a full BT swap, iirc they’re in the 8’s now. (E85).

The stock drivetrain will live under stage III hybrid turbo setup providing you aren’t reckless (700-750 hp w/ e85).

Instead of focusing on a whp #. Ask yourself how fast do you want to go? And how deep are your pockets? It will be easier to go xxx speed/time in a ttrs vs a built z.

If you’re gonna dump $$ into a car, (make no mistake, a stage III built ttrs is still a big build albeit much less than the z build), you really want to be sure you’re committed to a long term relationship forsaking all others etc. otherwise, you’ll end up selling at pennies on the dollar and lose your shirt.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote