View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Rev Match should still work. Rev match is a function of the engine control system, and it doesnt have any way to realize that the clutch or its hydraulic system has change.

Rev match uses wheel speed, engine speed, input shaft speed, and shifter X/Y position change to determine what it wants to do. Since you would have other obvious consequences to losing wheel speed or engine speed sensing, you can really just consider the sensors and switches dedicated to rev match. If your gauge cluster is accurately determining what gear you are in, you can easily assume the shifter position sensor is working fine. If your input shaft sensor was not plugged in, I am pretty sure but not 100% confident there is a DTC code you will get for that. Do you have a way to plug in and read the input shaft speed sensor? I cannot remember if UpRev or ECUTEK logs this sensor.

As usual when diagnosing Rev match problems, I bet your clutch pedal top switch just needs adjustment after all the changes. This switch is what decides when to engage rev match (when rev match is turned on), and if this switch position isnt double checked and adjusted as necessary, rev match will go down with changes that effect the pedal position, which can happen with changes to the hydraulic system.