View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #558 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Yes, but unfortunately for McLaren, Monza is kind of a one-off.
Between a track suited for their car, the pole sitter stuck with an engine penalty, and the loss of the two top contenders, it was a perfect storm for a papaya 1-2 finish. I doubt that the gods will favour them so well again in the remaining races.

As for Bottas, if he couldn't pass the 12 slowest cars on the grid in a Mercedes at Monza, well, he doesn't deserve to be driving F1. I'm a fan, and he did well, but even I have to admit that charging through the slow traffic is not really an achievement. Especially when it cost him a set of tires to get there.
Bottas was expected to do exactly what he did. The track yielded the overtake velocity required. Certainly not at Zandvoort lol
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote