View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 12:47 PM   #555 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Max had no answer to the Mercedes- Mclaren. None. That was interesting.
Yes, but unfortunately for McLaren, Monza is kind of a one-off.
Between a track suited for their car, the pole sitter stuck with an engine penalty, and the loss of the two top contenders, it was a perfect storm for a papaya 1-2 finish. I doubt that the gods will favour them so well again in the remaining races.

As for Bottas, if he couldn't pass the 12 slowest cars on the grid in a Mercedes at Monza, well, he doesn't deserve to be driving F1. I'm a fan, and he did well, but even I have to admit that charging through the slow traffic is not really an achievement. Especially when it cost him a set of tires to get there.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote