View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sed8u
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z silver 7at
Sed8u is on a distinguished road
Default Odd Fuel issue with Supercharged Automatic

I hope this is the best place for my fuel question.

I have a 2014 automatic coupe that is supercharged (Topgunz) that had been running regularly and well for over a year with no issues and an amazing tune until more recently. About a year ago I upgraded my 340 fuel pump to a 520 walbro with cj's tophat and fuel return system with all the fixings to run e85. Things were great for Id say 4 months and then I began getting intermittent fuel errors (p0181)(p0183)(p0463)-all are fuel level or fuel temp sensor "A" circuit high and circuit range performance.

I did have an on and off again issue with error(p2138)-throttle position switch sensor error causing limp mode -long before the fuel errors and before the fuel upgrade ... to remedy this I replaced the entire pedal assembly and seemed to have taken care of this issue .........for the most part :/ (the error started coming back on occasion when my fuel pump would die) I'm unsure if there is a connection.

For the last 3-4 months my intermittent fuel errors became more persistent and my fuel pump would not prime at start up and could be verified by my mechanical fuel pressure guage under the hood reading 0 with no prime audible and only a click at the relay on start. Again, it was an off and on issue, and I went through new batteries and tried manipulating the connection to the positive lead for the power that runs to the pump and relay. I've tried many things. It became increasingly worse and would even stop working while driving as if the car was out of gas. About 3 weeks ago I had to have the car towed to my house from the hospital i work at as the intermittent issue seems to have become permanent.

As of now I've confirmed voltage at the battery, correct power at the relay, including replacing the relay to make sure, I've confirmed power through the top hat and down to the pump. I replaced the pump and have the same issue. Just a click, funny thing is I can take the housing out and connect the pump to a positive and negative on the car battery and both the old and new pump spin right up. So....what am i missing?, voltage maintains all the way down the line south of the battery to the pump in the housing that can be read for a split second when i turn on the pump from the ecutek software, but the pump will not spin up. only if it's directly connected to a power source. The relay is obviously reading correctly it has the correct voltage. I also believe the pink cable that comes from the car that comes in to the relay and out has voltage. I'm at a loss. Is there an additional piece that helps prime the fuel pump in an automatic? Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Sed8u

Last edited by Sed8u; 09-18-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Sed8u is offline   Reply With Quote