View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 08:50 AM   #3133 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Capitalism at work, I see no issue with this, why should a company not pass on some of the preventable health care costs onto their employees who are costing them $$? It’s no different than paying more in premiums bc you are a smoker, you are free to choose to be a smoker, but choices have consequences. That’s fair IMO.
I'm a big fan of 'equal treatment under the law'. If United had told employees that their health insurance was going up by $250 in January, and then in January, offered a $250 rebate for getting a shot/quitting smoking/losing weight, then I'd have no issue. This points out another problem with our society, it might have been announced like that, but the media chose to report it as something else or it might even be a made-up story (wouldn't be the first time).

To add another wrinkle, I don't see any company giving people that don't get sick and use the company health insurance plan a 'rebate' on premiums. Hmmmm...

But again, what do I know? I'm just a dumb jarhead...