View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 08:41 AM   #3132 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Re: Civil War/War of Northern Aggression we can save this discussion when we can sit down over an adult beverage or two. Your points are valid and I understand them. It's difficult to look at past history without adding in what we've learned since then.

Re: Nature & politics; I agree. We had a strong nation, which enabled us to do what we did post WWII economically and in the rest of the world. But somewhere between Korea & Vietnam, we got lead astray. We got weak as a nation, post Vietnam, which lead to the November 1979 takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran and 65 American hostages. Then came the Reagan years and an increased respect for the US. National fortunes rise and fall like the tides, but right now we seem to be on the slippery slope to a place we might not be able to recover from. Instead of trying to unite the country, people 'in power' are doing everything they can to divide the nation by race, economic status and wealth. They are trying to cause a Civil War. Common sense is absent in Foggy Bottom and in the corporate board rooms. Common sense says that if you work outside/drive a truck, your exposure to others is very limited, but that level of 'common sense' has been removed. Over exposure to the talking heads on TV and corporate CEOs 'virtue signalling' is killing us as a nation.

/rant
But what do I know, I'm just a dumb jarhead....