View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #87 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildky View Post
I did an upgrade fuel pump and opened up the venturi, has helped a lot. Ran down to about half tank at solo nats and that was on east course, no starvation there is a good sign. I think the stock pump is just so anemic it doesnt pull a strong enough siphon.
Ive suggested that people try that in a few places, though not in this thread. By upgrading the pump you are increasing the bypass fuel through the regulator and creating a stronger venturi. Venturi strength will also be preserved better as engine load increases, where a totally stock system will have a nearly dead venturi at full throttle.

Another thing you could do, that would make a huge difference... Add a pressure side venturi. Like the one I make for our 370z twin pump hanger. At stock fuel pressure it will be about a 24LPH fuel pressure leak, which you can easily spare, especially if you have upgraded the pump. For that, it transfers about 100lph at stock fuel pressure. Then take some Nylon or PTFE hose to zip tie to the stock siphon line, and connect it. Leave the stock venturi setup running how you have it, then add my pressure venturi for an additional 100lph of full time transfer that is working even at maximum fuel consumption.

It would act similar to putting the extra transfer pump on the driver side like some do. Its only 100lph compared to the electric pump, but I suppose you could do 2 of them for 200lph if you wanted. Then you dont have to worry about another fuel pump over there starving or wiring it or relays/switches etc.