View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 03:35 PM   #5940 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Came across an interesting shooting method on shooting birdshead grip shotguns today. Gave it a quick go on my 300BLK SCR Pistol and was surprised how well it worked and how (relatively) comfortable it was. Did smack my cheek on the first couple shots but once I got locked in on a good hold I was getting rifle like stability and recoil control with no cheek slapage. I need to make or get a better recoil strap, threw together one just to try the technique. Also might look into a brake of some sort to replace the A2 I currently have on it which should help.

If you one of you guys try this, you really have to hold it firm against your check. Any wiggle room and you'll get you check smacked like holding as full sized shotgun loosely while shooting it.

Of course a standard AR pistol with a brace or full size rifle would be better but this has breathed new life into my SCR. I was going to convert mine into a full sized rifle and use the upper on a standard AR pistol lower because it was difficult to shoot but now I'm not. I'm still hoping, praying, braces don't get banned but this is a great work around to give the middle finger to the Dems if it does happen.

(Not my SCR but just a reminder at what one is.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFuclSKlW14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1CqL9K1m0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0207__8.jpg (24.5 KB, 28 views)