View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Default Loud "Tick" from undercarriage when taking off

For a while (a few months), my 370 would make a loud "Tick" noise when taking off from a standstill. I figured exhaust hanger loose...not so, body metal loose...not so, Drive Shaft U-Joint...not so... It was infuriating trying to diagnose this myself and much more infuriating, embarrassing and annoying when driving my baby around... So finally, took it in to my mechanic at the dealership. I am blessed at having two dealerships by me, each with an awesome mechanic whose skill, knowledge and attention to detail is stellar to say the least and they are the only ones who are allowed to touch any of my Nissans and work on them (I got three: a 2005 Titan, a 2020 Maxima SR and my 370). So, took it in and had the mechanic sit in the passenger seat while I put the car in gear and let off the clutch and loud "Tick" happened... Guys, he knew exactly what it was immediately. It seems the rear wheels center nut (best I can describe it) is not as tight as it should be (not to say loose). He took the rear wheels off and tightened on this "center hub nut" with a huge wrench and voila... Loud "Tick" gone.

If anyone else out there is experiencing this loud "Tick" when taking off, then this is your remedy. I would imagine if left unchecked it could lead to a dangerous situation when driving, especially when at a "spirited" pace ...

It is a great blessing having a mechanic (or two in my case) who really know their stuff...

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote