View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 07:06 AM   #2621 (permalink)
sx moneypit
Premium Member

Drives: 2010 370Z PG 6 spd
sx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post

Well, we were already planning on keeping our ttrs for as long as they keep making gasoline, I suppose this is just one more reason to do that.

Def keeping my jkur till I die, I’ll do an electric conversion on it once gas goes the way of the dodo. My prediction, by 2030, the phrase “ls everything” will have been replaced by “electrify everything”.

Good thing about retrofitting an older car with either hydrogen fuel cell or batteries is you don’t get any of the new “safety and big brother” nannies. This is going to be a huge aftermarket industry I’m betting, mainly bc we won’t really have any other choice.

Govt isn’t supposed to save us from ourselves, this kind of sh1t smacks of minority report type future.

Gonna have to escape to fvcking Mars to get away from this type of bullsh1t.

Reminds me of a safety commercial that was running in cfl here a while back. They were asking people what an acceptable # of motor vehicle accident deaths was, and then showing all their friends and family after saying are you sure, and of course the answer was no, zero deaths are the only acceptable #.

The problem with that is the only way to reduce deaths, is completely abdicating personal freedom like that video rusty posted, and there’ll still be some deaths, granted fewer, but at the cost of liberty.

Life Is inherently dangerous, we all take an educated risk every time we step outside or even go down the steps to the kitchen. How did we come to be so fvcking risk averse that everyone is afraid of their own shadow?

We cannot be the land of the free w/o also being the home of the brave. Freedom is dangerous and risky.
Well said sir.