View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVQ View Post
Thoughts? Does everything look right?

Your feedback has been invaluable gents.
I don't know why I thought you had Nismo wheels. The OEM rear tire size for the sport wheels is 275/35/19. That is 26.6 inch diameter. So when calculating the speedo differentials, make sure that's the comparison you used and not the 26.9 Nismo diameter I cited earlier (I didn't bother to check your math). Edit- I checked your math and it looks off to me. Compare sizes 275/35/19 with whatever size you're looking at. The speed differential calculation is done for you on that website.

If you go 265/35/19 and 305/30/19, the tire diameter is reduced the same in the front and the rear (-1.5%) and gives you a 1 mph difference at 70 mph. Very reasonable.
If you use the 295/40/19 rear tires, the diameter increases by 1.9% which gives you a 1.3 mph difference at 70 mph. Still plenty reasonable.

Also, I like the benefit of going down in tire diameter makes you think you're going faster than you are, which helps me cut down on those speeding tickets lol. I've had cops tell me it's easy to recalibrate the speedometer, but I've never bothered to look into it.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 08-30-2021 at 05:39 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote