View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 04:48 PM   #462 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

370 fuel pump setup is the Phunks starvation fix variety.

I have no pictures, but long story short an internal file line in the plumbing if that setup began to fray at the end and lose pressure. That caused a lot increasing fuel starvation “stumbles” and ultimately fuel failure.

After buying a full plug and play fule sender setup to drop into the tank I ended up just using the new pump (with its better windings) and the old housing floats etc and replaced the deteriorating fuel line. (Which seems odd to be failing)

All systems go!

Then I ran a track day all systems go.

Then driving home from track day my fuel pump failed dramatically because I forgot to move over the top of tank fule line retaining clip thingie!!!! Doh! Oops.

Fixed it and all set stems go!

Then I started hitting 3500 RPM limp mode

Replaced the oil temp sensor and my crank shaft position sensor and

All systems go!! (??)

She’s been a bit finicky this summer to be sure but a bit like the ship of Theseus I’ll get her slowly fixed up until she’ll basically be a new car lol.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote