Thread: My build
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bardabe
Base Member

Drives: R32 GT-R
Bardabe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Did you do any type of fire rings or step decking the block to keep the heads from
Lifting?
I'm honestly not sure exactly what method they used, I didn't build the car at all I was just the one tuning it. Had to make changes to the fuel system because the one designed by the previous guy didn't have enough flow for E85. Engine seemed to be holding well until we got into the higher boost levels I saw some coolant pressure spikes on the logger, so we will see how long it keeps it together for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Wow. Blackbox tuning has a plug and play solution for the emtron kv16 I believe. Cost is really compared to a motec or starting from scratch with a haltech nexus unit
I have EMtron for the Z/G works really well, once we go that route the car will have a custom traction control strategy coded by me, and i'll be able to get rid of a ton of "work around" i had to do to make the stock ecu happy with this setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
You have Uprev. You can't do boost by gear, traction control tuning, etc. This is where Ecutek is much better. It can be used as an interm until a standalone can be installed.
unfortunately not for his case, his car is a 2008 and i could not get race rom working on his car without swapping out a newer ecu, which we would have been better off putting that money and effort into getting the EMTron in the car. Plus, it was a good way to show that even though UpRev is behind on the motorsport features their software can still make 4 digit power numbers.